Tuesday, February 22, 2005

iBook Repair Saga No. 1


Damn, I was so excited about getting my iBook. Now the novelty has worn off, quick.
When I first got it I noticed that the screen was ever so slightly off centre, which meant that the catch didn't work quite as it should. Sometimes you have to press the screen down 2 or 3 times to get it to stick. It also looks a bit weird, even though it's only 1 or 2mm out.
I sort of decided that I could put up with it, and imagined that it was probably something you got if you chose to buy an iBoook rather than a more expensive powerbook. But since then I have looked at my brother's and my flatmate's iBooks, and this problem isn't evident on either of them. So, I called Apple and they said that they don't really deal with repairs anymore and told me to take it to the nearest Apple dealer. This turned out to be a 3rd party dealer which is in another county, so I called them. They said that Apple probably wouldn't cover this and would class it as damage. To find out if I could get it repaired I would have to take it all the way over there, and then if Apple decided not to pay out then I would have to pay a £40 engineer charge. Being a student I can't afford this, I can't afford an iBook, but I bought one because i'd heard great things about them. I will keep trying, but for now, I reccomend shopping elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home